1) Log into www.gotsoccer.com
2) In the upper right corner, click on Log In
3) Click on Log In under Teams and Team Officials
4) Using the Individual Coach log in section, type your COACH username and password.
If you forgot your coach login, please click the search button for a reminder or check with your club administrator
5) On your coach page, click on Background Checks in the Black tool bar at the top of the page. You will see when your last check was submitted and expired. Scroll to the middle of the page (under Concussion Awareness-Prevention and Care) and click Submit New Report (Blue Button)
Before submitting report, please verify that all personal information is correct, including filling in the box of Previous Residences if you address was different within the last five years
If you answer YES to any of the three background check questions, please be sure to write an explanation in the box.
6) Read the Background Check Agreement, then click I Agree. Clicking I Agree constitutes a digital signature
CDC HEADS UP CONCUSSION TEST
1) While in your Coach Account, right next to the Background Checks tab is the Concussion Center. Click the Concussion Center tab
2) The SECOND ITEM on the page is HEADS UP Concussion, Center for Disease Control (CDC) Heads Up Concussion Test. Click on “Go to Courses Page”
3) This page will indicate your Status as Taken or Not Taken. If not taken, click on Blue Start Course button. Watch the video and take the test at the end
Once both of these items have been completed, your coach account will be automatically updated and your club will be able to assign you to your team.
Please feel free to contact the VSA office (802) 857-5703 with questions or concerns.
SafeSport training is not yet tied to your GotSoccer coach account, but they are working on that, so it is important that you retain your certificate of completion as evidence that you completed the course and can receive credit when the platform is updated.
For information on the new Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017, click HERE. To continue to the training, follow the steps below.
1) Register for the SafeSport Child/Sex Abuse Training HERE.
2) When prompted to add membership, select "US Soccer"
3) Enter code provided to you by your Club Administrator
4) Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email to confirm your contact info.Click the activation link in the email
5) Log in to your account and not the modules required, which include Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education, Mandatory Reporting, and Emotional and Physical Misconduct - as well as any "refresher course" that are added.
6) Upon completion of ALL THE MODULES, print out your "Safe Sport Trained" certificate and keep on file.
DO NOT print out the certificates offered after each module. Only the final, all-inclusive "Safe Sport Trained" certificate is necessary.
SafeSport Training is valid for two years.