VT ODP Concussion Policies and Resources
VT ODP Concussion Procedure and Protocol (.doc)
VSA Concussion Resources (.doc)
ODP Concussion Parent/Athlete Information Sheet (.doc)
US Youth Soccer & CDC Concussion Information
US Youth Soccer continues to look for ways to improve concussion education and create policies to address the risk of head injuries that may occur through participation. US Youth Soccer and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have teamed up to help protect participants of all youth sports who may be at risk of concussion. The campaign, is an expansion of the "Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports," and assists in getting concussion information into the hands of coaches, parents, and school and healthcare professionals who are on the front-line to help identify and respond appropriately to concussions among young players.
We are building on these provisions by adding an essential first step in an effective concussion management plan. US Youth Soccer recommends Axon Sports preseason cognitive testing. Through a strategic partnership with Axon Sports, US Youth Soccer members and players receive a 15 percent discount on Baseline tests. Today, the Axon Sports Computerized Cognitive Assessment Tool (CCAT) is available to help safeguard Athletes as young as age 10.
Ready to get started? Please follow the steps below or print one of our Quick Start Guides.
Quick Start Guides:
Axon Sports Account Creation - Athlete (.pdf)
Axon Sports Account Creation - Parent (.pdf)
Axon Sports Consent Form (.pdf)
Step 1: Create your Account
• Register for an account by filling in all required fields (marked with a *)
Step 2: Buy a Test Credit or Apply Voucher
• All US Youth Soccer members and players are eligible for a 15 percent discount. Please enter USYSWEB in the Promo Code field during purchase.
• If you have a voucher code from US Youth Soccer or your league, team or club, applying this voucher code deposits test credits into your account.
Step 3: Take Test
• Practice - A three-minute Practice test is available in the upper right hand corner of the axonsports.com home page, or from your account page after you've created an account and logged in. We recommend all first-time users complete this short Practice test.
• Baseline - Establishes a current snapshot of your brain's speed and accuracy.
• After Injury - We encourage you to visit with your Medical Provider after a suspected concussion. Your Medical Provider will use an After Injury test and its results to help manage your injury, track your cognitive recovery and help determine when you are ready to return to the classroom, practice and competitive play.
Step 4: View Results
• An acceptable test result is noted with a green checkmark. If the report shows a red X, you can test again at no additional cost.
Step 5: Share Results
• Share your test results with others (Parents, Doctors, Athletic Trainers, and Coaches) by entering their email addresses or printing a copy of the PDF. As an alternative, you can print a Certificate of Completion.
While you can perform other activities after you are registered, these five simple steps will help first-time users get started and take a test in about 15 minutes.
• Axon Sports Customer Service
• FAQs about concussion symptoms, tests, and Axon Sports
• Axon Sports Parental Consent Form