The US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup is a National Championship tournament designed for those teams looking to play against teams of similar abilities for a national championship title. The Presidents Cup:
- Provides a progressive, competitive experience to the US Youth Soccer teams from the state to regional and national level
- Gives players an additional opportunity to compete against teams from across the country at a high level for the joy and the challenge of the game
- Provides the chance to experience a unique soccer event with camaraderie, community, and competition through sport.
HOW DO WE PARTICIPATE?
Representative teams that are registered with the Vermont Soccer Association will either compete or be nominated for a chance to represent Vermont at the regional competition at a location still TBA in May of 2016. Regional qualifiers will go on to the US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup National Championships which will be held in July at a location TBD.
*** This competition is not for teams that expect to advance in the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series. State Cup Champions from 2015 will not be eligible to participate.***
- CUP FORMAT: Teams U12-U17 for both boys and girls may enter the competition.
- APPLICATION FEE: The cost is $500 per team to enter. Age groups with more than one entry will play each other to determine a champion to advance to the Region I Championship in Pennsylvania.
- TEAM ELIGIBILITY: Only a US Youth Soccer organization member can apply to compete in the Vermont and Region 1 Presidents Cup.
- AGE GROUPS: Under 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 both Boys and Girls.
- ROSTERS: Rosters for teams participating in the Presidents Cup will not be frozen until the teams State Association freezes rosters for National Championship play or 72 hours before the first Presidents Cup game, whichever comes first.
- GUEST PLAYERS: Guest players will NOT be allowed on any teams participating in the Region 1 Presidents Cup competition at any level.
- FORFEIT FEES: Any team forfeiting a Regional or sub group game will be fined $500 per game and will pay the entire referee fee of the forfeited game or games.
- APPLICATION: If your team is interested in registering and representing Vermont in the Region 1 Presidents Cup, please contact Chris Castano, Vermont Presidents Cup Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: The deadline to register is December 5, 2015 by 5pm. Teams will be notified by December 15, 2015 if there are other teams entered in their age group.
- GAME AVAILABILITY: All accepted teams must make themselves available for ALL Presidents Cup games. Game schedules will be determined by the number of teams that register in the respective age groups.
- FINES: Teams must recognize that the Region 1 Presidents Cup Teams that withdraw from the regional or national event 30 days before the event will be fined $1500. Teams that withdraw 5 days or less prior to the event will be fined $3000.
Questions regarding the event can be directed to Chris Castano, Vermont Presidents Cup Chairperson at email@example.com or Meg Munson in the VSA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.