Referee grade levels and certification requirements for Vermont:
Grade 9 - Referee
The purpose of the Grade 9 Referee Course is to prepare officials for the small sided and recreational youth game. Click here to view the Grade 9 certification requirements.
** All potential referees candidates must complete this course first.
Grade 8 - Referee
The purpose of the Grade 8 Referee Course is to prepare officials for the competitive youth game (U19 and below). Click here to view the Grade 8 certification requirements.
Grade 7 - Referee
The purpose of the Grade 7 Referee Course is to prepare officials for the amateur adult game. Click here to view the Grade 7 certification requirements.
Grade 6 - State Referee
The purpose of the Grade 6 State Referee Course is to prepare officials for the most competitive matches within Vermont and the region. Click here to view the Grade 6 certification requirements.
The schedule for 2014-2015 recertification and certification courses has been posted for certification classes beginning in January 2015. For the 2015 Referee Course Schedule please click here.
***Recently Added Courses:
Grade 9 Referee Certification (per the request of Cambridge SC)
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Johnson State College (337 College Hill, Johnson, VT)
*Room 206 Bently Hall
All attendees must register online at http://ussoccer.force.com/referee/. Please see registration steps below for further assistance.
To register for a course click here
1. Go to U.S. Soccer Registration Site - http://ussoccer.force/com/referee/
If you are returning to this website because you have had a national registration, you already have a username and password and can skip to step #3 after logging in. Login is in the top right hand corner of the screen. If you have forgotten your password, click "Forgot Password" on the login screen.
If you have never been to this website, please continue to step 2 for instructions on how to sign in to the site and create a new account. Even if you have been a referee before, you need to create an account with a new password the first time you are at this site.
2. Click on the "Sign Up Now" button. Follow the directions on the screen.
i. Enter your e-mail address. This will be your Username when you return. Each referee must have their own e-mail address.
ii. Create a password.
3. At the Account Overview page, click on the "Register Now!" button
4. At the Registration page, pick your state in the drop down menu. The Registration year is automatically set to 2015. Then click next.
5.Confirm your Profile information then click the "Next" button at the bottom of the page.
6. On the Registration page, click on one of the blue buttons to pick the category you want to register for. Then pick the Select button in the box that correlates with the grade that you are applying for in that category. When you have selected the correct Grade, click on the Next button.
7. On the Legal Page:
i. Answer YES/NO and proceed as instructed on the screen. If YES , please fill out the questions that pop up.
ii. Check the Terms and Conditions box.
iii. Click the next button.
8. Please read the Donation page and pick your donation amount. Then click on the Next button.
9. On the Checkout page fill out the payment information.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the State Referee Adminsitrator, Stephen Lunna at email@example.com.
SRA (State Referee Administrator) - Stephen Lunna
SDI (State Director of Instruction) - Andy Gringas
SDA (State Director of Assessment) - Craig Iverson
SYRA (State Youth Referee Administrator) - Bud Laudenslager