U12 Fall ODP Academy
FALL ODP U12 ACADEMY TRAINING
Join Vermont coaches for a 6-week training program to introduce Vermont U-12 players (boys and girls) to our ODP program, training methods, and staff.
The ODP Fall Academy will follow the play-practice-play training methodology, a grassroots initiative promoted by US Soccer. Further information on this grass-roots methodology can be found here.
- Opening Day: Introduction to staff, training methods and ODP training expectations. Training & small-sided games.
- Week 2: Training, small-sided games, 9v9. Focus on principles of defending.
- Week 3: Training, small-sided games, 9v9. Focus on principles of defending.
- Week 4: Training, small-sided games, 9v9. Focus on principles of attacking.
- Week 5: ‘MIDD DAY’ - A highlight of the ODP Fall Academy; Players spend the day with players and staff of Middlebury’s coaching and playing staff. Players and parents will take a tour of the athletic facility, and watch both men’s and women’s games. Players will play small-sided soccer on Middlebury fields prior to watching games.
- Week 6: - Final Week. Training, small-sided games & 9v9. Focus on principles of attacking. Close the session with a conversation with players & parents about our ODP program and the upcoming Nov. tryouts for relevant age groups.
LOOK FOR THE FALL U12 ACADEMY TO RETURN IN 2019!
For more detailed program information, email Program Director Craig Stone.
For assistance with registration, contact ODP Administrator Alison Kaiser.