U.S. Soccer Federation F License Course
The F License is a 2-hour course, conducted entirely online, intended for all parents and coaches of youth players. The focus of this grassroots course is to share US Soccer’s practices in creating a fun, activity-centered and age-appropriate environment for 5-8 year old players.
The F License course is open to all applicants at least 16 years of age.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Taking the Course:
- In order to register for the course, candidates will first be required to sign up for a user account in the U.S Soccer Digital Coaching Center – a state of the art online educational platform.
- The course takes approximately 2 hours to complete. However, candidates can stop, rewind, or restart he webinars as often as needed.
- After registering for the course, candidates are granted access to the course content for 12 months. The course may be successfully competed at any time during this period.
The F Course is broken into four key modules: Kick-off, 1st Half, Halftime and 2nd Half. The following webinars make up the required components of the course:
- Designing an Activity
- Designing a Lesson Plan
- Laws of the Game
- Prevention and Care
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Small Sided Games
- Facilitator Games
- U6 Activities
- U8 Activities
Following each webinar, candidates are required to complete a series of multiple choice questions. To successfully complete each webinar, all checks for understanding must be answered correctly. To maximize comprehension and facilitate learning, candidates will have multiple attempts to correctly answer all questions.
To register for the F License, click here to access the Digital Coaching Center
U.S. Soccer Federation E License Course
Next E License Course to be announced soon...
All coach candidates must:
Register HERE at VSA ($125.00)
Register HERE at USSF ($50.00)
The National E course is an 18-hour course, typically held over one weekend, which covers the elementary principles of coaching and prepares interested coaches for the National D course. The course consists of a series of lectures and field sessions, and attendance is mandatory for the full duration of all course meetings.
The National E course is open to all applicants who hold a U.S. Soccer National F license and who are at least 16 years of age.
All coursework for the National E course will be completed in the Digital Coaching Center (DCC). Before the first course meeting, all candidates must complete the following assignments:
- Team Management
- Laws of the Game
- Prevention and Care/Concussion Awareness
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 9-12 year old athlete and team
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Basic Stage of US Soccer's Long Term Athlete Development Model
- Demonstrate competency in planning an age-appropriate training session.
- Understand concepts and recognize the principles of attacking and defending in a small-sided environment.
The National E course is administered by affiliate member organizations, such as state associations. The schedule of upcoming E courses can be found in the DCC. For more details about the organization of National E courses in your area, you may also contact your state association directly.
Digital Coaching Center
The US Soccer Digital Coaching Center (DCC), is a state-of-the art online educational platform. The DCC allows coaches to create a personal profile, register for courses, communicate with technical staff, take part in online courses, create session plans with an online graphics tool, access an archive of US Soccer training sessions and much more.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE DIGITAL COACHING CENTER