The purpose of the Vermont Soccer Association Fall League (VSL-Fall) is to provide opportunities for our youth to play soccer in a positive, competitive environment that promotes skill development, fair play, and good sportsmanship. All coaches, players, and spectators are expected to treat the game, the referee, and each other with respect. VSL-Fall is open to teams U8 coed, U10, U12, and U15 Boys and Girls teams.
Game Dates: September 10,17
Location: All games to be held at the Tree Farm Recreational Facility in Essex Junction
Age Brackets (by birth year)
- U8 (4 v 4 no goalies), U10 (7 v 7), U12 (9 v 9), and U14 (11 v 11) follow the same rules as VSL-Spring.
- U8 games are 20 minute halves
- U10 and U12 games are 25 minute halves.
- U14 games will be 35 minute halves.
Forms: US Youth Soccer rules and VSA’s insurance company require coaches to have a signed Medical Release Form (click here) for each player with them at all practices and games. In the event that a player needs emergency medical attention, this form will be necessary for medical treatment if a parent or guardian cannot be reached. Medical Release Forms will also be available via registration in GotSoccer.
Registration: All teams must register players and coaches with VSA using GotSoccer. More information on the registration process can be found here.
- League Fee – $250/team for U8-U12 (includes field rental fees). $275/team for U13-U15 (includes field rental fees). Please complete the Fall League Submittal Form, make checks payable to Vermont Soccer Association and mail to:
Vermont Soccer Association
528 Essex Road, Suite 208
Williston, Vermont 05495
- VSA Registration - $25/player and $10/coach (includes background check) for rosters and player passes. Please submit check payable to VSA along with the Player Registration Submittal Form.
- Clubs with teams registered to participate in the VSL-Fall may maintain that roster for VSL-Spring and get the full benefit of player registration fees for the 2017-2018 seasonal year.
DEADLINE FOR FALL LEAGUE TEAM REGISTRATION IS AUGUST 18th
- U8’s will use one referee at $23/game
- U10's & U12's will use one referee at $35/game
- U14 games will have three referees at a cost of $109/game.
- Because of uneven brackets, the VSA will pay the referees and bill each Club for their referee fees.
Passes & Rosters: Rosters, player passes & coach passes will be required for league play. VSA will provide player and coach passes to teams, OR you may choose to use the GOTSoccer App and Virtual Player Passes.
- Passes will be printed by VSA and returned to the club’s registrar with approved rosters. Player pass photos should be a current head shot (front facing, neck up. Action shots will be refused) No hats or sunglasses PLEASE.
Please allow 7-10 days for this process.
GOT SOCCER APP:
VSA will use the VSL-Fall as a pilot program for the use of virtual player passes using the GOTSoccer app. You will need a smart phone or tablet and internet service on site to utilize the virtual passes. The GOTSoccer app allows a coach to view the team's player/coach passes on their smart phone or tablet. It provides accurate player pass/roster information. If you do not have a smart phone, or prefer to use the standard player passes and roster, please notify the VSA office so that we may process your passes.
Instructions for the GOTSoccer App here.