The 2nd Annual Hall of Fame nominations are due AUGUST 31, 2019.
See below for nomination criteria and submission form.
Congratulations to the 2018 Inaugural Hall of Fame Inductees:
THE VERMONT SOCCER ASSOCIATION HALL OF FAME
The Vermont Soccer Association (VSA) Hall of Fame was established in 2018 by the Vermont Soccer Association Board of Directors with the first Class inducted in November of 2018.
The Vermont Soccer Association Hall of Fame was established to recognize Players, Coaches, Referees, Administrators, and Volunteers who have made significant, long-term positive contributions to Youth Soccer in Vermont.
The purpose of the Vermont Soccer Association is to promote and support the game of soccer in the State of Vermont for all their US Youth Soccer registered members.
*Click HERE to print the HOF Nomination Form*
Players: must have reached the age of 25 and have distinguished themselves with an outstanding standard of play as a member of the Vermont Soccer Association. The player must have participated in games as a registered member of VSA for at least 5 consecutive years.
Coaches/Referees/Administrators/Volunteers: must have demonstrated outstanding accomplishments and/or leadership that have made significant contributions to the improvement of the sport for the youth of Vermont. They must have contributed for a period of 5-10 years (or more) in Vermont.
PLAYERS: 5 Years (Minimum)
COACHES: 5-10 Years
REFEREES: 5-10 Years
ADMINISTRATORS: 5-10 Years
VOLUNTEERS: 5-10 Years
Submission of a candidate for consideration for the VSA Hall of Fame must follow the approved VSA submission/nomination process. From a list of submitted candidates, a formal list of nominees is submitted by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee to the Vermont Soccer Association Board of Directors.
- The deadline for submissions is August 31st.
- The Official VSA Hall of Fame Candidate Submission form must be submitted along with a resume or letter documenting the individual’s achievements for submission. Letters of Recommendation, newspaper articles, video, and/or past awards/achievement may accompany the written documentation.
- The Hall of Fame (HOF) Selection Committee will review all nominations to ensure the nominee meets the VSA criteria for HOF selection.
- The HOF Selection Committee will review all submissions, discuss candidates, and vote on submitted candidates to be added to the HOF ballot. A majority vote, via secret ballot, of the HOF Selection Committee is required to be added to the ballot.
- The HOF Selection Committee submits to the VSA Board of Directors the ballot of Candidates for the Hall of Fame. The VSA Board of Directors grants final approval of the HOF Candidates via a majority vote (secret ballot) of those Board members present.
- HOF Class Sizes:
Years 1 (2018) & 2 (2019): Up to 4 Candidates Elected to HOF
Years 3 (2020) onward: Up to 2 Candidates Elected/Year
- Once a candidate is Submitted/Nominated for consideration for the VSA HOF, they remain eligible for consideration for election for 3 years. If not elected within this 3 year window, the nominee must be resubmitted/re-nominated to be considered again.
- All Candidates submitted for consideration to the VSA Hall of Fame will be notified of their Nomination by a member of the HOF Selection Committee.
- All Candidates will be notified of the final HOF Election results by the HOF Selection Committee.
- Vermont Soccer Association will induct the elected HOF Class at the VSA Annual Awards Banquet
- Each HOF Inductee will receive 4 tickets to the Dinner
HALL OF FAME SELECTION COMMITTEE
The VSA Hall of Fame Selection Committee will consist of 5-7 members with Committee membership proposed by the VSA President and approved by the VSA Board of Directors.
The Committee Membership will be as follows:
- VSA Executive Director
- VSA President
- VSA State Referee Administrator or VSA State Youth Referee Administrator
- 2 or 4 At-Large Members
- At-Large Member positions
The VSA Hall of Fame Selection Committee will be chaired by the VSA President.
VERMONT SOCCER ASSOCIATION
HALL OF FAME NOMINEE PROFILE
Please check the Appropriate Nomination Category:
____Player ____Coach ____Referee ____Administrator
Name of Nominee (First, Middle, Last):
City, State, Zip Code:
Phone (w): Phone (Cell):
Soccer Affiliation: Club/Organization: ____________________________
City/Town of Club/Org: ________________________
Years of Service with Club/Org: _________________
Please document the achievements of the Nominee and attach Letters of Recommendation, etc, which will help the HOF Selection Committee in reviewing this candidate’s eligibility for election to the VSA Hall of Fame. Please include a photo of the candidate with the submission documents.